Rittal Releases Most Durable Stainless Steel TS 8 Yet Designed For Harsh Environments
December 31 2014
Rittal Corporation, the world's largest electrical enclosure manufacturer, has announced the newest addition to its acclaimed TS 8 freestanding enclosure series. Constructed from 316 stainless steel, this TS 8 is the most rugged and durable yet and is an ideal freestanding enclosure solution for harsh-environment applications.
This wash-down friendly, corrosion resistant enclosure maintains a clean, consistent internal environment in extreme conditions without sacrificing the modularity, functionality, and innovation for which the TS 8 series and Rittal are known.
The UL Type 4X modular enclosure affords many advantages over traditional unibody enclosures including expandability, lower weight (less transportation cost), more mounting space and superior workability (less labor costs).
“Customers in industries like oil and gas, life sciences, food and beverage, mining, wastewater and pulp and paper have made it clear that a corrosive resistant, Type 4X TS 8 would be the perfect large enclosure for their demanding environments,” Glenn Wishnew, Manager of Product Management at Rittal Corporation said. “We’ve responded with the most robust TS 8 yet, an unmatched combination of strength and functionality in this product category.”
Features of the new 316 Stainless Steel TS 8 Enclosure include:
- Four-point latching system and continuous foamed-in-place gasket provide a water and dust proof environmental seal
- 30 percent more available mounting space than traditional unibody enclosures of equal dimensions
- Padlock-able handle that provides both easy access and security
- Large assortment of accessories allow for three dimensional mounting of components on all internal surfaces
- Overall load capacity of 3,150 lbs
- Eyebolts provide flexibility during transportation and installation
- Spring-loaded, quick-release hinges enable fast and easy door removal and replacement
Production of the 316 Stainless Steel TS 8 is located at Rittal’s Urbana, Ohio manufacturing facility. The new enclosures will be stocked in Urbana, Ohio as well as at Rittal's Oil and Gas Center of Excellence in Houston, Texas.